Overview of Services
Mercy’s Gate Direct Services Ministry focuses on meeting the urgent need of neighbors in Colorado Springs who seek help with their immediate crisis.
A crisis can vary, everything from losing their job; a medical emergency; a death in the family; to unexpected car expenses. Many come while in transition—waiting for their new job to start, their unemployment check to arrive; their food stamps to come, etc..
Mercy’s Gate Direct Services Ministry, built on the foundation of Christianity, has four core services: rent & mortgage assistance, emergency food pantry, utilities assistance, and clothing assistance.
Mercy’s Gate Direct Service Ministry also includes a Faith Community Nurse (FCN). The FCN serves our neighbors in need who are either under-insured or uninsured with health and dental related issues. While Penrose St. Francis is the employer of the FCN, Mercy’s Gate provides the budget to provide services to the neighbor.
At the core of all of our services, is our differentiating model from many others in this mission area: Mercy’s Gate is faith based, which means at every opportunity possible the Staff and Neighbor Advocate Volunteers look for genuine opportunities to share the Gospel and pray with the neighbors we serve.
Accessing our Services
Our Direct Services Ministry Programs assists over 23,000 people per year with a variety of basic emergency needs.
Days & Hours of Operations:
Monday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
A neighbor in need can access our services by attending one of our Screening appointments or Food Pantry appointments. These appointments are limited and determined by drawing numbers at the beginning of our open hours of operations on Mondays and Wednesdays. Thursdays are the exception as we draw numbers in the morning session at 9:00 a.m. to schedule appointments for the entire day.
Mercy’s Gate Address:
4360 Montebello Dr. Suite 300, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
You DO NOT need to come early before we open the doors, but please make sure you are here when the doors open. Everyone who is here at that time will have an equal opportunity of accessing our services . Again, please know that we will be drawing numbers to determine who can access our services and the order of appointments until all of the available appointments are full.
There is no guarantee of receiving services during any of the days and hours of operation that we are open; however, please know that we will do our best to provide whatever resources and information we can provide for all of the neighbors that come through our doors.
Rent assistance is very limited and eligibility is determined by attending one of our screening appointments. Our Monday session is the only time a neighbor can access rent assistance. However, all of our other services are consistently provided on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
To receive any of Mercy’s Gate services a neighbor in need must provide a photo ID or a valid Drivers License.
Utilities assistance is available for anyone living in any zip code within the city of Colorado Springs.
All of our other services are limited to zip code specific service areas.
Mercy’s Gate service areas includes 15 zip codes: 80907, 08, 09, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 38, 51.
Detailed description of Mercy’s Gate services and eligibility guidelines:
- Utilities Assistance (CSU Project COPE): Serves all zip codes; no COPE assistance received at any COPE agency in the past 12 months; account is past due (one day after the due date on the current bill or a disconnect notice); from Nov. 1 to April 30—must apply for LEAP first or have income documentation for being over-income; we need a copy of the utilities bill
- Utilities Assistance (Energy Outreach Colorado – for other heat and electricity providers): Serves all zip codes; no EOC assistance since Oct. 1; account is past due; pre-qualify neighbor in EOC database; from Nov. 1 to April 30—must apply for LEAP first or have income documentation for being over-income; we need a copy of the bill
- Rent Assistance (rent assistance available per household is $200.00 maximum): Zip code limited; no rental assistance at Mercy’s Gate in the past 12 months; needs to be on a lease or mortgage; only needs help with most current month due; available the Monday before the 1 st of the month that rent rent assistance is desired; rent assistance is very limited and accessible on Mondays at 4:00 p.m. only; we need a copy of the lease that shows rent amount and signatures, or mortgage statement
- Faith Community Nurse: Zip code limited, available to assess health care needs, provide prescription assistance, and connect neighbors with community resources
- Clothing Vouchers: Zip code limited; once every 6 months; maximum of 3 vouchers per household; needs to have social security number
- Bus Tokens: Zip code limited; once every 6 months
- Gas Voucher: Zip code limited; once a year; gas voucher dollar amount is $10.00
- Food Pantry: Zip code limited; up to 4 times per year; screening appointment recommended before the 4th food pantry visit.
- Other: birthday bags, seasonal programs, etc. as available
Additional qualifications or restrictions may apply.
If you are out of one of our zip code service areas, please access our referral page under the services tab.