James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Mercy’s Gate is humbled to join with God’s people in Colorado Springs to provide food, clothing, and shelter for neighbors in need. More than 50 churches have committed to formally partner with Mercy’s Gate as a “member church.” The prayers, financial support, and dedication of these churches are invaluable to this ministry.
Member churches commit themselves to:
- Providing two liaisons to serve as Mercy’s Gate’s primary contacts.
- Providing financial partnership on either a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
- Providing food donations for the Mercy’s Gate food pantry
- Providing volunteers who have a heart for serving others
- Offering prayer support.
Mercy’s Gate commits to the following for each partner church:
- Serve as a referral source. When neighbors visit your church seeking financial assistance or food, we invite you to send them to Mercy’s Gate. We will use our resources to screen the people carefully, substantiate their needs, and provide loving support in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for neighbors and guide them toward spiritual wholeness. Our volunteer neighbor advocates and staff pray with our clients and help them to know that God loves them and desires to help them.
- Encourage neighbors to connect with a local church community. Mercy’s Gate does not wish to supplant or replace the ministry of the local church; we desire to enhance and support it! We work pro-actively to introduce neighbors to volunteer neighbor advocates who will personally welcome them to their churches.
- Be wise and prudent managers of the funds and resources entrusted to us.
- Communicate with honesty and regularity.
- Pray for your church.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member church, we invite you to phone Jason Dilger at 719-277-7470 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org